edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine. Further details HERE. Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #92 June 2009How's Your Father
Editorial How's Your Father?
- Rediscovering Fatherhood in the Gaze of the Infant by Duncan Dormor
- Silas Marner's Pure Gold by Mary Lloyd
- God and Patriarchy by Anna Sutcliffe
- My Father's Name was Jock by Ken Smith
- Abraham, Isaac and the Prodigal Son by John Theodore Cragg
- God the Father - or Not? by Adrian B. Smith
- Of the Father's Love - Adopted by John Pearson
The Broken Chain by Helen Bellamy
To My Grandfather by William Imray
Reviews and Reflections
- Stephen Mitchell reviews A Broad Place: An Autobiography by Jürgen Moltmann
- Michael Morton reviews Religion and Human Fulfilment by Keith Ward
- Dominic Kirkham reviews God, Energy and the Field. by Adrian B. Smith
- Anne Ashworth reviews Darwin: A Life in Poems by Ruth Padel
- John Horder reflects on the first Stevie Smith Roadshow
- Cicely Herbert explores the Legend of the Green Man
- SOF Sift by Jerry Peyton
- Mayday Notes
Front Cover Image: SOF Chair John Pearson with his daughters Sarah and Jenny at Jenny's graduation.
Back Cover image: The Ancient of Days by William Blake