edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine.
Further details HERE.
Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #137 September 2020Praise
- Front cover image
: Patrick Hutchinson rescues a far-right
disrupter of a Black Lives Matter demonstration in London.
- Back cover image
: A small garden in Camden Town.
Poetry and Stories
- Sonnet to Orpheus I:7 by Rainer Maria Rilke,
translated by Martyn Crucefix
- Skype by Martyn Crucefix
- Canticle of the Creatures by Francis of Assisi
- Pied Beauty by Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Pauline Pearson reviews Bread of Life in Broken Britain: Food Banks, Faith and Neoliberalism by Charles Roding Pemberton
- Andy Kemp reviews Humankind: A Hopeful History by Rutger Bregman
- Frank Regan reviews The Cry of the Earth and the Cry of the Poor: Hearing Justice in John's Gospel by Kathleen Rushton
- Kathryn Southworth reviews Counting Backwards: Poems 1975-2017 by Helen Dunmore
Regulars and Occasionals
- Revisiting: Martyn Crucefix revisits Rainer Maria Rilke's 'Sonnets to Orpheus'
- As I Please: John Pearson writes about Plague - 2020 Style