edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine.
Further details HERE.
Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #140 June 2021Descent
- Front cover image
: The Descent from the Cross, Rembrandt Workshop (probably Constantijn van Renesse). 17th century.
Open access image: nga.gov/collection/
- Back cover image
: Green Wheat Fields, Auvers, Vincent van Gogh (1890).
- Stephen Mitchell reviews Faith after Doubt by Brian D. McLaren
- Penny Mawdsley reviews the little book of humanism by Andrew Copson and Alice Roberts
- John Pearson reviews Cuthbert of Farne by Katharine Tiernan
- Martin Spence reviews Dancing with Mortality by Bert Clough
Regulars and Occasionals
- Letters to the Editor
- Revisiting: Patti Whaley revisits Five Letters from an Eastern Empire by Alasdair Gray.
- As I Please: John Pearson reflects on Fallen Idols